2019 Mercury 250R - 20 in. Shaft
Call for Price
The 250R FourStroke pumps out 250 propshaft horsepower. The stout V-8 powerhead provides an astounding 53% increased displacement and up to 40% higher overall bottom-end torque than the legacy two-stroke 250XS it replaces.
Transient spark calibration boosts torque by 7% for unmatched acceleration. Advanced Range Optimization automatically adjusts fuel delivery for up to 10% improvement in cruise-speed fuel efficiency. All of this on 87-octane (90 RON) pump fuel while maintaining a comparable weight to the 250 XS.
Best of all, the new 250R are backed by a three-year factory warranty.
- Class Leading Performance: Naturally aspirated, 4.6 Liter V-8; 53% higher displacement than the 3.0 Liter 250XS OptiMax.
- Low Cost of Ownership: 250 rated horsepower on readily available 87 octane (90 RON) pump fuel while maintaining a comparable weight to the legacy two-stroke 250XS.
- Unmatched Torque: Class-leading 4.6L displacement resulting in 40% more bottom-end torque.
- Exhilarating Acceleration: Transient spark calibration boosts mid-range torque by as much as 7% for superior acceleration.
- Enhanced Efficiency: Advanced Range Optimization automatically adjusts fuel delivery for up to 10% improvement in cruise-speed fuel efficiency.
- Rated Horsepower (HP/kW): 250/186
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm): 3.6 x 3.4/92 x 86
- Idle RPM: 600
- Cylinders/Engine Configuration: V-8 (64 degree) with 32-valve Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC)
- Displacement (Liter/CID): 4.6/279
- Induction System: Performance-Tuned Long Runner Intake Manifold
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Computer Controlled with Advanced Range Optimization
- Fuel Requirements: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON
- Ignition System: SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
- Charging System: 85-amp (1071 Watt)
- Starting: Electric Start with SmartStart Protection
- Lubrication System: Integrated wet sump
- Oil Requirement: NMMA Certified FCW SAE 10W-30
- Throttle and Shift Controls: Mechanical
- Midsection Design: Tri-Ram Midsection with High-Durometer Elastomer Upper Mount and Solid Lower Mounts
- Shaft Length (in./mm.): 20/508
- Gearcase: Sport Master
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Weight (Lbs./Kgs.): 520/236
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- Engine Type
- V-8 (64 degree) with 32-valve Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC)
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.6 x 3.4 in. (92 x 86 mm)
- 4.6 L (279 cid)
- Electric Start with SmartStart Protection
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 520 lb. (236 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 250 hp (186 kW)
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Fuel Induction
- Performance-Tuned Long Runner Intake Manifold
- 85-amp (1071 Watt)
- 3-Year Limited